This breakfast pizza recipe is delicious for any meal at any time of the day or night! And it’s tasty served hot or cold. Make up a batch of our homemade pizza dough the night before and you’ve got a special weekend breakfast in store.
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 strips of bacon cooked crisp and chopped -OR- ½ lb. of ground sausage, cooked
- 4 scallions sliced
- Preheat a 12-inch seasoned cast iron skillet in a 500º F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out room temperature pizza dough big enough to cover the bottom of the skillet, plus about 1 inch of the sides of the skillet -- 14 inches in diameter. The dough circle does not have to be perfectly round.
- Beat together the eggs and milk with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using pot holders, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and set it on a sturdy heat proof surface.
- Place the pizza dough in the hot skillet.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture onto the dough.
- Scatter ¾ of the chopped scallions into the eggs, reserving ¼ for garnish later.
- Scatter the chopped bacon on top.
- Scatter the cheeses on top.
- Bake in the hot oven 10 minutes, until the eggs are set and slightly puffed and the edges of the dough begin to brown.
- Using two spatulas, remove the pizza to a cooling rack and sprinkle on the remaining chopped scallions as garnish.
- Let cool five minutes, slice and serve.