This chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes recipe turns out a light and delicious breakfast main dish in a jiffy. It’s perfect for the weekend.
Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose ﬂour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips semi-sweet recommended
- Combine all ingredients and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until smooth. If batter is too thick, stir in another tablespoon or two of water to thin.
- Grease a heated griddle. To test, sprinkle with water. If drops jump around, the griddle is ready.
- Pour approx ¼ cup batter onto griddle. Turn the pancakes when bubbles pop on top.
- Cook the other side until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Serve immediately with softened butter and warm maple syrup.