This flour-less peanut butter cookies recipe sounds like it won’t work out, but magically it does. For those avoiding gluten, these cookies are perfect. They’re also very easy to make, have just a few simple ingredients, and can be mixed-up and baked quickly for a late night snack. They spread out and puff up while baking and then deflate and firm up while cooling. Be sure to wait five minutes before attempting to move them from the baking pan to a cooling rack since they need time to set.
I use natural crunchy peanut butter (the Kroger store brand is my favorite), but any kind of peanut butter should work in this recipe. With natural peanut butter, remember to stir the peanut butter to distribute the oil back into the butter and refrigerate to keep it from re-separating. Use whatever type of brown sugar you like, but I prefer dark brown sugar because of the higher molasses content and richer flavor.
To make the scooping and measuring of the dough easier, use a 1 tablespoon capacity cookie dough/melon baller.
Flour-less Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper for easier clean up. If there's no parchment paper available, just use un-greased baking sheets.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using moistened hands, form scant 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie into a ball.
- Arrange on two un-greased or parchment lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 5 minutes.
- Transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Flour-less Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe Gallery