This decadent strawberry crisp recipe is sure to be a hit. Use fresh strawberries for the best flavor and serve it warm with vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
Strawberry Crisp Recipe
Makes Six - 6-oz. ramekin servings
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries sliced in half (or quartered if large)
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats not instant or nor quick cook
- ½ cup brown sugar loose
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ stick cold unsalted butter cut up into small pieces
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons ice water
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Make the filling: Combine the strawberries, lemon zest, and juice in a large bowl. Stir in the rest of the filling ingredients and fill six 6-ounce un-greased ramekins with the fruit mixture equally.
- Make the topping: Add all of the topping ingredients to a food processor, except the water. Pulse about 30 times to combine. Add 1 tablespoon at a time of the ice water and process until the mixture clumps and becomes crumbly. It may not take all of the water to reach a crumbly consistency.
- Loosely sprinkle the topping over each fruit filled ramekin — do not pack it down. Be generous with the topping as it will compact during baking and cooling. There may be a little topping left over.
- Bake the ramekins on a parchment lined cookie sheet (to catch any bubble-over drips) for 20 - 30 minutes until the top is browned and crisp, watching it closely after 20 minutes.
Six oz. ramekins can be found on Amazon.com.