Here’s a recipe for delicious Brazilian cheese bread just like they bring to the table at those Brazilian steak houses. It’s quick and easy to make and the batter can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Bonus: they’re gluten-free!
These two-bite cheese breads are also great for party appetizers.
Brazilian Cheese Bread
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- Scant 1 ½ cups 170 grams tapioca flour
- ½ cup packed grated flavorful cheese (your choice, extra sharp cheddar, parmesan, feta)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Grease a mini-muffin tin.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Fill the mini-muffin tins full of batter and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Start checking them at 15 minutes to make sure they are not getting too brown.
- Let bread cool on a rack for a few minutes and it should release easily.
Tapioca flour can usually be found in the section of the supermarket where Bob’s Red Mill baking products are displayed.